Keeping Our Students Safe
EMC is doing our part to keep all our students safe during our courses. Keep reading to view our Sanitation Procedures.
Special Staffing and Cleansing/Sanitizing Procedure
- Prior to, during (as appropriate) and after class; any equipment utilized by students (BVM, MASKS, AED) should be cleaned with the standard disinfectant. Participants should clean their hands with soap and water or sanitizing solution/wipes prior to equipment use. Utilization of gloves by participants may be done as well. (Provided with equipment).
- CPR manikins- follow our procedure for General Equipment. Use sanitizer on manikin chest, head, etc. (anywhere students may touch the manikin) prior, during (as appropriate between students) and after the class. Change manikin “lung” anytime mouth to “barrier” or mouth to “mask” is used.
- Individual disposable barrier devices for both of these procedures are provided for students.
- If utilizing non-consumable equipment between students, wipe those supplies down with sanitizer as well (BVM mask, etc.) as in general.
- Utilization of gloves by participants may be done as well (provided with equipment).
ACLS, PALS & Trauma Manikins:
- Follow procedure for general cleansing/sanitizing on any of the manikins or equipment being used, before, during (as appropriate between students) and after the course.
- Participants should clean their hands with soap and water or sanitizing solution wipes prior to equipment use.
- There is no “mouth to” techniques in these courses hence the routine per class changing of lungs may not be necessary.
- Utilization of gloves by participants to be done as well (provided with equipment).
Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our staff and class participants. We will follow the latest recommendations and may modify these as the science changes.